While it is tradition to spend time with your family at home during the Christmas holiday, a change of scenery can be fun. If you’re looking for a fresh destination to spend the Christmas holidays with your loved ones, then Quebec is the absolute best choice for you. The beautiful province of Canada provides a combination of tradition, fantastic ambiance, and beautiful sites that will surely be worth a trip. We’ve compiled a few reasons why Quebec is the place to be this Christmas season.
A Friendly Reminder to Traveling Tourists
Planning your Christmas holiday in Quebec is exhilarating. However, you must make the necessary preparations before booking your ideal hotel. First, you must apply for a Canadian Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA Canada). You can fill an application in the ETA Kanada website, which only takes a few minutes.
Then you must keep a budget to keep your spending to a minimum. With the help of our list, you will surely be able to research and set a proper budget for you and your family for the trip to the captivating Christmas destination. Make a budget months ahead and save as much money as you can to experience the full joy of the Christmas holidays.
Once you’ve secured your Kanada ETA and settled your budget, it is time to give you the best tourist spots in Quebec.
Enjoy the Amazing Christmas Atmosphere
Quebec City is truly magical when the holiday season arrives. Nearly every street of this joyful city will spread the feeling of celebrating Christmas with your loved ones throughout the whole community. Here are a few places in Quebec where you will feel the Christmas spirit:
- The Christmas Village in Old Québec offers a fairytale-like version of Christmas
- Rue du Petit-Champlain gives tourists a lively street of traditional Christmas decorations
- Rue de Buade boasts many must-see attractions to absorb the Christmas atmosphere
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac remains one of the most in-demand hotels due to its amazing decorations, and fun variety of activities
- Hotel de Glace, the one-of-a-kind hotel made entirely out of ice, opens its season for guests looking for extraordinary experiences and majestic ambiance
With Quebec ranked as one of the best Christmas destinations in the world, you will surely discover that the trip is worth spending the holidays there.
Indulge in a Holiday Shopping Spree
You will likely want to take home souvenirs that would help remind you of your enjoyable stay or give your friends gifts from your trip to Quebec. Look no further than Old Quebec’s German Christmas market, which springs into life two weeks before the holiday. The market recreates the atmosphere of European Christmas markets to give tourists an unforgettable experience.
Aside from beautiful decorations, the German Christmas Market offers a mouth-watering menu of German treats. Timber kiosks help emphasize the bazaar’s authentic European charm. If you’re looking for local products, take a short walk to the Old Port Christmas Market and shop away.
Educate Yourself With Themed Tours
Quebec excels in Christmas traditions because of its local history. When you spend your weeklong holidays there, you should try to book one of the themed tours Quebec has to offer.
- Cicerone Tours in Old Quebec provide insights for Christmas traditions
- Tours Voir Quebec brings you to local holiday shopping hotspots and most excellent specialties
- Promenades Fantomes in Old Quebec put tourists into a historical search for a ghost of a famous criminal during the New-France era
Have A Little Fun With Snow
The Christmas season pulls a family together for a beautiful vacation after months of non-stop work. So why not enjoy the winter holidays by taking advantage of the snow? Here are a few activities to help you have fun during this winter season:
- Well-known for having one of the longest ski seasons, Mont-Saint-Anne boasts the highest vertical drop for night skiing
- Le Massif de Charlevoix provides almost 100 acres of off-piste skiing for adventure-seekers and risk-takers
- A site for international competitions, the Ski Stoneham Mountain Resort is a must for professional ice skiers
- Le Relais Centre provides a family-friendly environment for beginners with its state-of-the-art ski infrastructure
- Valcartier Vacation Village offers a large winter playground with safe snow slides for kids and adults alike
- Fairmont Chateau Frontenac gives you a toboggan run with a breathtaking view
- Place D’Youville’s outdoor ice skating rink offers an alternative for less physically-inclined tourist
No other holiday can match the Christmas holidays. The feeling of celebrating the week with your loved ones will surely be satisfying, but the experience of celebrating Christmas in Quebec will add to your fulfillment. So if you’re a tourist, make sure to visit the Kanada ETA website to hasten your trip to Quebec.